Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Obstacle

In Chinese community, there is a strong belief that once beginning to practice Buddhism, one will have numerous obstacles on the way. I was even told that once practice the four fundamentals of Tibetan Buddhism, one will have some minor ache/illness along the way. It is because of the Karma. I am not sure why Karma will lead one to illness though.

Anyway, yesterday night, I had tire blown up in the freeway again. This is the second time within the last 6 months. I've never had tire blown up in the freeway after years of driving experience. The strange part is that they both happened when I went to the Pasadena's meditation on every Tuesday night. Last time was before the practice and this time was after the practice. My co-worker, while picking me up from the tire center today, immediately attribute it to the "obstacle" of the practice. I am not so sure about it though. I think this thing will happen all the time. For among the 6 billion people in the world, every one will have their own unique experience. Some I consider have a worse luck than me. Some I consider better. The good part is that when I had blown up tire in both time, I think I was pretty calm and I didn't get hurt. So, this may not be "obstacles" but pure luck.

No comments: